FishDreamer scribbles: Seeking Serenity Online

Tuesday, 1 February 2005


We went to our first fencing class last night, which was much fun and exertion. I am enthusiastic but a bit twitchy and nervous, which leads to over-excitement on my part. I need to curb that. Fencing might help me there, or it might be the worst thing for me. I tend to avoid situations where I get nervous and have to react quickly because I tend to over-react, so I'm really not sure how this will go. I'll keep you posted.

On the way to the class, we ran a bunch of errands (he got cat food, I dropped off a check for the water bill and then returned my library books), and we met up to drop off his car at the shop. When I got there, a very excited Mr D told me he'd finally managed to get ahold of Husband! You might recall my post about him back in December. He's alive! He's fine! He's been getting his personal shit together and figuring out his life and he's planning to come up here in a few months.

I was so relieved I almost cried. I've missed my darling Husband, a lot, and I was so afraid something had happened to him. I'd never find out if it had, we have no friends in common anymore. For those who haven't heard this before, Husband is not my actual husband (that's Mr D), he's a very good friend I used to work with, who was one of my bridesmaids in my wedding. He's one of my favorite people on earth, and I've missed him dreadfully and hated living with that low-level anxiety about where he was and if he was okay.

I am, unfortunately, still suffering the effects of a sinus infection. I'm not as badly off as I was last Thursday (when I finally broke down and went to the doctor, and took an entire sick day to do nothing at all), but I haven't recovered anywhere near where I thought I would. I'm exhausted, I'm listless, I can't focus, my head hurts most of the time, and I'm really whiny. This is most likely a continuation of what I had over Christmas. For all I know, I've had this floating around in my system since August, when I got really sick. So, I'm on antibiotics and am eating yogurt every day. I am no longer contagious, and work is slammed so I'm not taking time off. I don't really want to, except in a vaguely tired kind of way.

That may be why the fencing wiped me out yesterday. I'm going to bed as soon as I post this, so I can maybe get some extra rest tonight and not feel so wiped out tomorrow. It's getting hard to lift my fingers to type right now, so I know it's bad.

I can complain ad nauseum, can't I? Sorry. Have a lovely week and rejoice with me that Husband is Found!

If you want to: contact
Back Home